Respelido would like to invite you to discover the local artisans and their creations:
Olives and olive oil
Famous around the world, Nice’s olives are delicious, and grown in sun kissed groves. Known as “Olive de Nice”, they are of the Cailletier variety and guaranteed to be a local product thanks to their PDO . While you will most often find them in salade niçoise or olive paste, they also give quite a soft and refined oil with a pretty colour and creamy flavour that lights up Provençal dishes with an authentic Mediterran flavour.
If you wish to discover how olive oil is produced, free tours of a traditional oil mill from Nice are available.
- Alziari oil mill : 04 93 44 45 12 (Free tour)
- Alziari shop : 04 93 85 76 92
Bellet vineyard is one of the most famous in France, and also one of the oldest. In 1941 it awarded the
‘appelation d’origine controlée » to the Bellet wines. Well known and loved by connoiseurs, Bellet wines are usually the ones paired with our local, provincal dishes.
Wine-tasting and tours of the wine cellars are organized by the owners, and are reserved to groups.
- Château de Crémat : +33 (0)4 92 15 12 15
- Château de Bellet : +33 (0)4 93 37 81 57
- Domaine Augier : +33 (0)4 93 37 81 47
- Domaine du Fogolar : +33 (0)4 93 37 82 52
Wines from Baous and Collines de la Côte d’Azur
The vineyards of Baous and Collines are real paradise, nestled between the two great rivers, the Var and the Loup. Over a dozen hectares, four independant wineries grow their crops in true provincal tradition.
This particular type of vine already existed during roman times and has evolved to become exclusive to the area, able to produce unique wines.
Though the quantity of grapes produced may not be extraordinary, their quality is unbeatable, and will produce the best wines.
In Saint-Jeannet :
- Domaine des Hautes Collines de la Côte d’Azur – Vignerons Georges et Denis RASSE, 800 chemin des Sausses, 06640 Saint-Jeannet. +33 (0)4 93 24 96 01
In Saint-Paul de Vence :
- Domaine La Vasta – Vigneron Louis GIRAUDO, 1466 route des Serres, 06570 Saint-Paul-de-Vence.
+33 (0)4 93 32 86 33
- Le Mas Bernard – Vigneron Adrien MAEGHT, 06570 Saint-Paul-de-Vence. +33 (0)4 93 32 19 30
In Tourrettes-sur-Loup :
- Domaine Saint-Joseph – vigneron Gérard BERTAINA, 160 chemin des Vignes, 06140 Tourrettes-sur-Loup.
+33 (0)4 93 59 38 04
To learn how regular fruits are transformed to become such delicious treats, you can take free guided tours, with tastings here :
Flowers from Nice’s hills
Take guided tours of gardens to discover the local plant life all while enjoying an amazing view of the surrounding area.
- Etablissement Massa : +33 (0)4.93 37 80 02
- Domaine Mezzanotti : +33 (0)4.92.09.93.37